On the evening of March 18th join us for WIA’s annual Meet’n Greet Mentorship event. For the first time, we will be holding this online!
WIA’s mentorship program started in 2015. We hold the annual Meet’ n Greet event as a platform for students and young professionals to connect with inspiring industry leaders and learn from them. This event has resulted in many of us finding mentors or helping others as a mentor.
We welcome any type of mentee to participate in our mentorship event, but it would be specifically suitable for 3 types of individuals:
– AIBC Interns seeking mentor as part of the intern process,
– Students pursuing an architectural career (SALA, BCIT …etc)
– Women working in the architecture industry who are simply looking for a career go-to person with whom they can share ideas, ask questions, or get a different perspective about what they are doing and where they are going in their careers.
Whatever part of our journey we are on, architecture is a life-long learning journey and we occasionally need a little advice, feedback, or someone to be a sounding board.
If this is something you would like to participate in, join us!
We will have several mentors with a variety of experience and background joining us for this event; as a mentee participant, you will have the opportunity to connect with UP TO 4 mentors of your wish, provided that you register for the event AND pre-sign up for the mentors you wish to speak to.
Mentors and mentees will connect using Zoom’s Break-Out room format. Each B/O will host 1 mentor and a maximum of 3 mentees at a time. There will be 4 sessions of 20 minutes each within a B/O room.
- Ana Maria Llanos – Principal, Diamond Schmitt Architects
- Christine Wang – Associate, Iredale Architecture
- Emma Artis – Architect AIBC, DIALOG
- Emily Dovbniak – Project Architect, Leckie Studio
- Erika Gerson – Architect AIBC, Boni Maddison Architects
- Eleonore Leclerc – Principal, Stantec
- Juli Kennedy – Strategic Planning, Vancouver Coastal Health
- Judy Liu – Associate, Francl Architecture
- Kate Busby – Partner, FaulknerBrowns Architects
- Kate Gerson – Associate, DIALOG
- Kate Lemon – Principal, KMBR architects
- Marie Fares – Senior Architect, OMA
- Maia Low – Studio Lead, Human Studio
- Natalie Telewiak – Principal, Michael Green Architecture
- Sama Abri – REFM FPD Project Manager, City of Vancouver
- Sylvie Gagnon – Associate Principal, Kirsten Reite Architecture
- Tina Mathur – REFM Project Manager, City of Vancouver
6:00 – 6:10 Event opening
6:10 – 6:20 Mentors’ intro
6:20 – 6:40 Breakout Room Session 1
6:40 – 7:00 Breakout Room Session 2
7:00 – 7:10 Break
7:10 – 7:30 Breakout Room Session 3
7-30 – 7:50 Breakout Room Session 4
7:50 – 8:00 Event closing
Get your ticket now and look out for an eventbrite order confirmation email, it contains instructions on how to pre- register for your mentors, in the additional information section.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected]