WIA UPCOMING EVENTS
- This event has passed.
NOVEMBER EVENT | SPEAKING WITH CONFIDENCE
November 10 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Join WIA as we improve our public speaking skills and overcome speaking anxiety with Megan Hamilton, a speaking, visibility and confidence coach for women and nonbinary people! Public speaking is an essential tool in the field of architecture, design and in life. Together we will learn to:
- Show up with confidence at in-person meetings or on Zoom calls
- Speak with authority to give better presentations (Project Presentations, Advisory Design Panels, Interviews, Thesis Presentations, Oral Exams etc.)
- Comfortably contribute your ideas and speak up at meetings or chats at work
Make sure you come with your free public speaking guide. Download your copy here: FREE Speaking Guide!
When: Thursday, November 10th, 2022 @ 5:30-7pm (PST)
- 5:30pm – 6:30pm (PST) : Public speaking skills with Megan Hamilton
- 6:30pm – 7:00pm (PST) : Q+A with Megan Hamilton
Where: Zoom webinar, register HERE.
Approved for 1.5 AIBC Core Learning Units
Megan Hamilton is a speaking, visibility and confidence coach for women and nonbinary people. She used her classical theatre training and 25+ years of performance to create a step by step speaking system that not only allows you to deliver incredible speeches and presentations, but also provides you with a framework to have difficult conversations, build your confidence and increase your visibility. She uses shadow work to help you tune in to your intuition and discover the root of what contributes to fear. She’s the Speaker Advisor at TEDx Queen’s U and can be found online at www.ubuskills.com. She’s also a musician, has recorded 5 albums of original music and has toured across Canada from Newfoundland to BC, as well as into the US.
Follow Megan on;