NOVEMBER 20X20 PECHA KUCHA
On Thursday November 19, WIA will have its own members present their own work, research or interest. 20 slides in 20 seconds.
This is a great opportunity to learn about WIA's members work and inspire future collaborations in a casual environment. We're looking forward to showcasing the work of enthusiastic women in the profession and create a discussion about their projects.
Check back soon for the the complete speakers lineup for WIA's Pecha Kucha.
It's a potluck so bring food or beverages to share.
Location: Brooks Corning Showroom
#200 - 380 West 2nd Ave
Time: 7pm - 9pm
Career Paths in Architecture @ UBC AMS Nest
There are many directions one can take with one's career following an architectural education. A dynamic group of women working in and around the field of architecture will each do a very brief presentation of the varying paths on which architecture has taken them. Presentations to be followed by panel discussion.
The presenters/panellists will be:
• Barbara Gordon – Facilities Planner, UBC
• Carman Kwan – Principal, Hearth Architectural Inc.
• Danica Djurkovic – Director of Facilities Planning and Development, City of Vancouver
• Kirsten Reite – Principal, Kirsten Reite Architecture
• Kristalina Dinovsky-Kutev – Senior Associate, Kasian
• Latty Kashani – Workplace Consultant, Brooks Corning
Learning objectives will be:
• The architectural profession has a need for many roles and strengths, in the varied aspects
of practicing architecture. These women each fill certain roles, following their individual strengths,
areas of comfort, ambitions, aspirations, and opportunities.
• What challenges women face in their architectural careers that may lead them into certain career
• What inspirations or motivations might lead someone down a particular career path.
This is also a great opportunity to see the newly opened UBC AMS Nest (new student union building).
When: Thursday, 45 October, 2015
Time: 6:00 -8:30 PM
Where: Room 2508 – AMS Nest
6133 University Blvd., UBC
** This event qualifies for 2 Non-Core Learning Units from AIBC CES program.
Parking is easiest at either the North Parkade or Health Sciences Parkade.
WIA events are free and open to all interested.